The Bedfordshire Integrated Dermatology Service provides a
streamlined 'One Stop Shop' triage and treatment service for all
Bedfordshire patients with Dermatological conditions.
All Dermatology referrals are to be sent to this service where they will be reviewed and clinically triaged then directed to the most appropriate setting - either in Community or direct to hospital.
Patient pathway from GP referral flowchart
Patients will be offered an appointment at a community clinic
within 2 - 3 weeks from receipt of their referral into the
Appointments will be available across all of the five Bedfordshire localities. This means patients will have the opportunity to be seen in a clinic closer to home, at a time that is suitable for them.
The community clinics operate from:
• Rothesay Surgery, 14 Rothsay Place, Bedford MK40 3PX
• Priory Medical Practice, Clapham, Bedford MK41 6G
• Wootton Vale Healthy Living Centre, Wootton MK43 9JJ
• Ivel Medical Centre, Biggleswade SG18 0RA
• Dr Cakebread & Partners, Shefford SG17 5FS
• Asplands Medical Centre, Woburn Sands MK17 8Q
• Salisbury House Surgery, Leighton Buzzard LU7 1RS
• Houghton Close Surgery, Ampthill MK45 2TG
• West Street Surgery, 89 West Street, Dunstable LU6 1SF
• Toddington Medical Centre, Dunstable LU5 6DE
An experienced Health Trainer is available to provide information resources to people with skin conditions and provide practical advice for better self- management. The Health Trainer also works with community groups across Bedfordshire to promote good skin health.
All patients (adults and children) presenting with Dermatological conditions (with the exception of Two Week Wait referrals and BCC over 2cm)). All referrals will then be clinically triaged and directed appropriately.
These will not be accepted by the Bedfordshire Integrated
Dermatology Service. These are
listed in the attached and as updated and identified by the
Guidance produced by The Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire priorities
GPs will continue to send suspected cancers on the appropriate 2WW form direct to hospital. These are not to be sent to the Bedfordshire Integrated Dermatology Service.
Referrals need to be made by a GP by completing the referral form and sent by email.
Last updated: 16/05/2018
Update due: 16/05/2019